A duo of Convertible bags

08:00

I'm not very good at sewing the same thing over and over, I think that's why I like designing so much, I can have a lot of variety in life!

When my friend asked me for another two convertible bags to give as gifts I decided to batch sew them. Of course I hadn't thought about the fact that they'd use very different thread colours....oops!


The left is made with Kona Solids in Black and with a pocket of Mixteca organic cotton in the owl print from Cloud 9 fabrics.

The right is made with light zakka linen with a pocket of Cath Kidston roses.

I wouldn't recommend making a bag from linen...for future reference!


The linings each have one zipped pocket and one slip pocket as per the pattern.

I used Kona Cotton solids in Cyan for the lining of the black bag, and Cath Kidston roses for the lining of the linen bag.


I added 'handmade by Mrs H' satin labels into the pocket seams. I buy them on eBay from here.


As is usual for Convertible bags, they change from a shoulder or cross body bag to a small backpack easily.


If you'd like to make your own Convertible bag you can find the pattern on Patterns to Print.


I love these bags with solid outers and contrast pockets, it makes them easy to wear but still fun!


You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Lovely.. Yeah linen, looks great buy isn't very stable and needs lots of ironing...
    You must be just about out of your favourite Kath Kidston print by now... Unless you bough a whole bolt of it. 😉😜

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite bag of yours. I've made 4 or 5 of them. People just love the flexibility of them.They are a very fun make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Wish I could get to a place where something that small would hold all the junk I think I need to carry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! I love them both! I agree, though, that linen can be a bit fussy, especially for bags and I don't usually like to have to slow down and be fussy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful !!! I love the black one

    ReplyDelete

Love our posts? Sign up to our newsletter!

* indicates required

Instagram

Fabulous Followers