What I wore Sunday #27

13:39

Sorry this is so late, I've been suffering in silence all week. Well, it would be silence if not for being able to text landlines.

BRING BRING
Dus: Hello?
Automated voice: Dus, I would like a cup of hot lemon and honey now please.
Dus: *sigh* ok baybee, I'll be down in a minute.

He's been a super star!

Anyway, here's what I wore on Sunday.


jeans, blouse, cardigan. The usual. I think I need some challenges for my What I wores. Any suggestions in my comments please :)

We celebrated St David at our Sunday service so we were all asked to wear red. I don't own anything red except for a tiny bit of red lace on the socks I was wearing. 
No idea what I was thinking but I thought you'd appreciate a bit of a close up on this ole pixie cut of mine.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this short hair do of mine despite my morning look :)

Anyway, back to the red. I took a sneaky pic on Sunday on my phone while we were singing the Welsh National anthem IN WELSH!!!


People, unless you've been taught Welsh, you can't just go and read the words and sing Welsh. Trust me on this one. Dus and I just ended up humming along. Even those who were taught Welsh at school but can't speak it were able to sing the Welsh but Dus and I totally couldn't. We find this every year. You simply cannot look at a Welsh word and imagine how it's pronounced. Unique language lol!

Here it is typed up.



Mae Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd,
Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, Gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.

The Land Of My Fathers

The land of my fathers, the land of my choice,
The land in which poets and minstrels rejoice;
The land whose stern warriors were true to the core,
While bleeding for freedom of yore.

Wales! Wales! fav'rite land of Wales!
While sea her wall, may naught befall
To mar the old language of Wales. 
 

Anyway, in a rare expose I managed to get a snap of something Dus wore this Sunday. 

We spent the afternoon working in the garden so had a bath when we came in. Then it was straight into jammies. Of course. 

Not for Dus the usual black, grey or navy thick socks with rubber grips (like totes but cheaper). Oh no, he chose to wear my lilac walking socks. 


They're purpleyer in real life but I still can't get to grips with GIMP!
Isn't he a cutie though :)

Anyway, challenges for next Sunday's outfit in my comments are much appreciated! xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Love our posts? Sign up to our newsletter!

* indicates required

Instagram

Fabulous Followers