Tranisitions

08:00

There are 3 i's in that word. That's a lot of i's for anyone's buck!

!!The photos in this post don't really relate to the words, I added them afterwards, but I tried to caption them for you!!

As I laid in my luke warm bath this morning*, I thought about the changes that we're going through right now. They're so much less of a change than they could have been, we could have been adding a cot, changing table and garishly bright plastic items to our shopping list for the new house. There are so many feelings behind that thought, it's impossible to begin to sort it out into proper words for me. I sometimes have trouble getting my words out when I'm speaking, and that's when I know what I want to say!

*It was luke warm because Dus got up at 7am and I was supposed to be having a lie in but around 7.45am I decided I was too awake so had Dus' bath water once he was finished and he doesn't like it scorching hot like I do! Oh, I guess the photo that follows does actually have something to do with the writing!

Leave a man alone for ten minutes and he's stripped off (top only!) and taken the shower cubicle apart!
Because the new house was so near to the old house, we filled the car everytime we came down to paint and in the end were just left with the big furniture items. Gradually, our lives transitioned from one house to the other without a clearcut beginning or end. I guess we're still in flux. We've got one room at the old house still almost fully as it was before the move. Until we lay a floor in the office it's kinda tough for Dus to work here so we've left the office as it was at the old house.

Dus doing Dus kind of things :)

Gradually, there came a day when more of our junk stuff personal possessions were at the new house. Yet we were still 'living' at the old house. So then you find yourself questioning what makes a house a home? Sure, all our junk is here, but it's in boxes, piled up in corners, perched on ledges and stair landings. Dus is at the old house for work, so while he's not here, does that house become home?

Night before the move. (I've been so cold lately I've had another duvet on top of our duvet with cover, that's why one is naked!)
As we gradually sort out each room, home seems to be spreading. The bedroom feels like home, the dining room feels like home, the living room feels like we're camping out in a storage unit!!

I quite like that, home seems to be spreading. I'll keep that close to me this week as I begin to make some sort of order of the chaos. This move has definitely been the least organised I've ever had, and I've moved a lot. A.LOT.
The dining room where home has started and seems to be spreading!
I guess my mind was on other things, the motivation wasn't there, I've been weak physically, mentally but at least I'm ok emotionally :) I've had some wonderful friends cheering me on by email and facebook, and I thank you for your support.

Saturday night, after the move.
I've been thinking a little about this ole blog of mine too, I love it, I really do. I love being able to waffle on about goodness knows what, to tell you the highs and lows of my life and to have built some truly strong friendships with people I'd never be able to connect with otherwise.

However, some of you readers may have subscribed or signed up in order to enter giveaways or because we were part of the same organising challenge or swap and you may not be all that interested in my life.

I won't be changing. I won't be making a schedule, I won't be pledging to post at least three times a week and I certainly won't be promising to keep this blog about crafts/recipes/organising etc. This blog is about my home, my life and me. If you're not bothered about reading this blog, please do feel free to remove your subscription, I won't be offended. I just think it's fair that I'm clear about the purpose of this blog so that you haven't subscribed thinking it'll be a great sewing blog, or I'll show you how to live an organised life in only 30 seconds a day. I certainly can't tell you how to get thin and skinny whilst eating 500g of chocolate a day and sitting on your bum. (Sorry Wendy!).

Beautiful pale sage green colour wall in the basement sitting room.
Lately I've been much quicker at hitting 'unsubscribe' in my reader for the blogs I follow. I don't mean to offend those who's blogs I've been leaving, I just don't feel it's a good use of my time to be following blogs that I don't love. For example, the larger craft blogs who craft just so they have a post to fit their schedule, the blogs who post without any hint of themselves or their personality. The blogs where the writer is constantly negative (I mean constantly, all the time whining), or blogs about things I disagree with, or just simply don't get!

I once subscribed to a blog about a couple who have a hideaway house with stockpiles of food, firearms, etc ready and prepared. I never did work out what they were ready and prepared for, but here in the UK, I just cannot relate to that blog so I stopped following. The posts were not relevant to my life, or informative or even that fun. (If you blog about your skirt falling down then you falling over said skirt and ending up at Channing Tatum's feet, I will follow your blog forevermore).

So what I'm saying is, I'm not bothered about reader numbers, I'm not bothered about GFC numbers. Stay if you enjoy my blog, leave if you don't, I really don't want to clutter anyone's inbox up unless you enjoy hearing about my life, and no one can entertain EVERYONE with their life, we're all too busy!

My sewing studio!
Yes, anyway, that totally wasn't what this post was meant to be about! I'll go back and add in some photos to distract you from my rant, is that ok?

I've got tons more photos to show you of the new house, but I'm not going to bust a gut to ensure they're posted regularly, I'll post them as and when I have time/inclination to blog. Probably in between coats of paint on the floor drying!!

Fresh! Clean! Cotton white one coat, non drip gloss from B&Q
p.s. you should know that I love the fresh start that moving gives us, however I don't do brilliantly with change and this housemove especially has been tough on me because of the unpleasantness trying to negotiate with the seller over the boiler and electrics needing doing and events leading up to the move. However, this is our first house that we've bought, the first home we can make changes to and for that I'm excited!


You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I am fearful of change. Even when my mind knows it is for the better, my heart braces for the worst. Many great changes have occurred in my life. Many filled with smiles, laughter and love. And sadly, just as many with heartache, pain, and fear. But change is inevitable. It will occur with or without your permission; with or without your participation.

    In my few years on God's green Earth ( a few more than you, my dear ) I have learned it is best to participate in the changes. To have a lead role in your life, not be an understudy. God gave you talents for a reason. Maybe your cute and quirky blog might inspire someone to make a new sweet treat for their family, or try sewing for the first time, touch their heart when they needed it most.

    So, don't apologize for being who you are. That's the only thing not allowed to change. The core of YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart was pounding as I read your post today, what with all this talk of baths, stripping off and being naked I though OH MY GOD!!! Samantha's going to show us a nude photo of Dus!!! LOLLLLL Thanks for sparing me. I don't think I could take that much excitement. LOLL

    Truth be told I originally followed your blog because I was testing your bags but you've become a dear friend now and I love seeing what goes on in your life, it make me feel as if I live next door. I'm here to stay even if you decide to show photos that offer too much excitement. LOLL I love you and your cheery say what you mean personality.

    I don't talk much about my private life on my blog but hope you'll still carry on following mine. Guess you don't have much choice unless you want to fire me from testing your bags. LOLL

    Home is where ever you're happy, be it a mansion or a cardboard box. Things have moved very quickly for you lately so just carry on being the happy soul that you are and everything will work out for you.

    Hugs
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will still follow your blog I just love to hear what is on your mind and what you have been up to its as if I am there with you instead of so far away love you my darling daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such an honest post. people blog and follow blogs for all kinds of reasons. We just have to do what we feel is right of ourselves.

    I have been in touch with some fabulous ladies since I started my blog and you are one of them! I will continue follow you as I enjoy it. Your sense of humour makes me laugh, we share a common interest in bag making but I also love seeing your different projects/endevours and can't wait to see your new home grow..

    Sorry it's been a tough for the last bit. I hope things ease up as you settle into the new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I don't always have time to comment but I will always be a forever follower. You rock!! I actually rather enjoy reading your posts about you over the crafty ones. I love hearing about your life and all your antics. You make me smile each time I read them. I agree with Maria. You make me feel like a neighbor and like I've known you for years. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you will feel a lot "lighter" with that pressure taken off of you, now that YOU have decided WHAT you want to write about and HOW OFTEN!

    You are cute and creative and fun and talented, and I 'm going to continue to read your blog... no matter what you blog about! (You can even change your mind every week!!)

    Buying a house and then moving into a new house is a huge life-change for everybody. Give yourself more time to recover and rest up a bit!

    hugs
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I don't know anything about skirts falling off, but have you seen my post about how much Corbin looks like Channing Tatum? ;D

    Great minds must think alike though since I just mentioned a few days ago that my sewing blog has gone rogue as well. It's so true that we all just don't have time to read all the blogs we follow and still have a life or get anything of our own done. I definitely only want to "waste my time" on the ones who have real personality, and we both know you've got plenty of that! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blogging (and you too). I agree with so many of the things you say and feel like I have found a kindred spirit. I love that your blog is about you and your life (and not full of adds). I enjoy reading it and getting to know you (and the fun emails too). love the pics of your current chaos too btw. Blessings to you and Dus as you settle into your new home and make it yours - look after yourselves along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I for one like to read what is going on in your life.....(Maybe because mine is a tad boring sometimes? LOLLL!) nah....it is just nice to see that someone else out there lives in the real world with real chaos....LOLLL....My house is soooooo upside down with all the renos going on, I escape to my studio as much as I can....alas our bedroom is in here too BUT hey, at least I am away from the bulk of the chaos! LOLLLL Maybe I will take a leaf out of your book and start posting about MY chaos on my blog! LOLLL Christine
    - ChrisW Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I hope you won't be offended if I keep following your blog. :-) I too get tired of the huge craft blogs. I don't know how they do it. And there are times that I write about things that I know will offend people. But when I do that, it's because I feel deeply about those things. They're part of who I am, and it's 'take it or leave it.' I'm always hoping, of course, that my readership doesn't drop to ZERO because of it, but still, we are who we are.

    Moving house by installments (notice I used that Brit term, 'moving house' instead of 'moving' ??) is always tough, and I suspect that this time of year isn't the cheeriest in any case.

    Hang in there. We love you, whether or not you sew anything. And by the way, love that treadle sewing machine. Is it in working order? I have two old treadles and need to get them serviced. I'd love to have them working. They're family heirlooms from both sides of the fam.

    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been reading a number of posts about people who get burned out on blogging, and I think it's mostly the people who feel like they have to post stuff just to have stuff to post. I post cause I want to share the stuff I make and while it's nice people stop by and comment (thanks!) I do it for me and all the fun stuff that's happened to me because of the blog is just gravy. :)

    I'm definitely on the unsubscribe ship lately. If I wouldn't listen to what you have to say in real life, why read it?? I especially find fashion blogs to be not at all my taste. It's like they are in a perpetual popularity contest. I've unsubscribe from a few because I was annoyed by people's fake smiles even if I liked their outfits. lol. (Though there are some fashion blogs I can appreciate if I find the bloggers to be "real" people.)

    But anywho, I like your blog and I like that you blog like a real person who eats chocolate and has messes instead of a perfect internet version of yourself. Cheers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't scare me off that easy....I'll keep reading when ever you write...sometimes I'll even write if you don't...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're not going to teach me how to get skinny whilst stuffing chocolate down my throat. Well, that's it, how do I unsubscribe?? I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am in you, I suppose i should have guessed when you said you were resigned to failing my test!

    OK, and now for the mushy bit - you have to delete this and we never mention it again - I "met" you when I won a giveaway on another blog for one of your bag patterns. I love that bag pattern, but making a friend in you was definitely the best thing to come out of it, you're not getting rid of me that easily!

    You're going to make your blog private now and not invite me, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, and I've been trying to unsubscribe to blogs, but if I originally signed up with GFC and they've taken it off their blog - I can't get rid of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Love our posts? Sign up to our newsletter!

* indicates required

Instagram

Fabulous Followers