Best of At home with Mrs H: a 2015 recap

08:00

With 2016 just around the corner, I thought this would be a good time to look back at 2015 and see which posts were the most popular! Are you ready? Here are the 5 most read posts of the year:




This was by far the most viewed tutorial this year! If you haven't made a purse with a flap yet, let me tell you, it's pretty easy. No more lost keys or difficult to find bus pass!



2. Launching the Companion Carpet Bag

I said this before, but a hobby that feels lonely is no kind of hobby to me. That's why I loved being part of the Bag of the Month club last year and why I am so keen to be a part again this year. I loved the camaraderie, the different versions but most of all connecting with those actually using my patterns and seeing their creativity.

I am chuffed that my January's bag of the month club '15 pattern, The Companion Carpet Bag, made it in this top most popular posts of the year!


3. How to make an adjustable purse strap with two clips

I know that our preference for purse straps are very different and sometimes you want to make your handbag strap removable as well as adjustable, so I've come up with a little tutorial to show you how to do that too. 



4. How to attach leather handles to your bag

I don't know if you have this a try, but let me tell you, using leather handles makes your bags seem so luxurious! They might be a little pricey, but they're really easy to attach if you've decided to give them a try. Tip: if you can find any on bags in the charity shop, or in your wardrobe that you don't want, use them!



5. The slouchy sling bag FREE pattern

The Sling Bag is a an easy project for someone who is new to bag making. The pattern includes detailed explanations, colour photographs, pattern pieces, and it's free.



6. The Bookbag Backpack pattern

I eventually re-launched an upgraded version of the pattern this year, but this post made it into the top 10!



7. Scrap friendly luggage tags tutorial

This post was part of our grand de-stashing November, here on the blog. Michelle from Uniquely Michelle knew we all have: a) lots of pretty scraps and b) black luggage :) and shared a step by step tutorial for making your own luggage tags.




8. A comparison of some of the most popular foam stabilisers

As you might have noticed, there are a lot of new products on the market now to help with your bag making, most noticeably foam stabilisers. Foam stabilisers are great because they give your handmade bags body, stability and an overall professional finish. (I use stabilisers for my Saddlebag, Nappy bag and Bookbag Backpack patterns, for example). But what's the difference and which should you choose? All you need to know about foam stabilisers in the post linked above.



9. A review of Suedetrim for easier bag making

This year I had the chance to use a new (to me) product which I'd love to tell you about. I purchased it fair and square and thought you would like to know a bit more about it. It's a new type of headliner fabric. It's either for luxury car ceilings, or lazy bag makers (like me!). It's a faux suede bonded to a 2mm foam headliner. I thought it would help eliminate the need for an outer stabiliser and I was right, I was really pleased with it.



10. Super drawstring pouch tutorial 

Lisa from Two Pretty Poppets created this great tutorial on making drawstring pouches as part of our November destashing challenge. They were a success, as you can see!



That's all for today! What would you like to read about on the blog in the New Year?




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. So many amazing things you've done this year, Mrs. H! And I've not been here in a while. Your blog has such a wonderful, clean look to it (not implying that it was messy before). It hardly looks like a Blogger blog. I love it! And I love the pic of you and gotta-come-up-with-another-nickname-before-long Elvis. :-) Hope you're having a good Christmas and New Year's time in Wales, and that the storms aren't hitting your area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Samantha thanks for create pretty blog,i like to read your niche blog ,lovely collection ,for buy thread wallet visit my site wallets for

    ReplyDelete

Love our posts? Sign up to our newsletter!

* indicates required

Instagram

Fabulous Followers