May, June & July re-caps

08:00

Apparently we missed May and June..nearly missed July too!

Once again, the longest list in history. I've removed things that have already been done and told about. Blogged about? Done and dusted.

New things are in red :)

Personal:
*Write everyone's birthdays onto our calendar and send them a birthday card! (I am awful at this, such a simple, easy thing!) -Not too bad, I kind of gave up on this for a month or two but I'm back on the wagon now! Sorry if you had a May/June birthday, I'll try harder next year!

*Eat at the dinner table once a week and converse with Dusband rather than watching the telly every night - I'm sure we have done this a few times, but not with any regularity. We've eaten breakfast outdoors once too! We could/should have done this more with our current weather but it's the only time we get to catch up on our telly!

*Resume reading my Bible over breakfast rather than randomly - No, I'm still on the randoms!

*Stop wasting so much time on Pinterest! Yup, doing better at this. I'm just using it as a pinboard now rather than an interest feed. 

Organising:
*Scan the family's photos onto the computer. Yes, all 4000(approx) of them - Three album down, 25 ish to go!
*Stashbust a huge amount of fabric - blah, blah, blah. I've made some stuff.
*Cut down on paper clutter - All of the new house paperwork is switched over to paperless where we can be. I've realised that I like to make physical lists so I'm using an exercise book rather than random scraps of paper. I've also told hotmail to move my facebook emails directly to junk which is such a weight off and a time saver. If I want to know what's happened, I log into facebook and it tells me in the notifications setting. I don't need an email to tell me Angela's commented on Judy's picture that I once wrote 'great skirt' on. 

* Set up a baking cupboard in the kitchen - Done 
*Organise wardrobes - Done


Sewing:
*Write two patterns for freebie blog posts - One down, one to go 
*Write three new bag patterns for sale (eek!) - One down, two to go
*Make two blouses for Liz (that she asked me for in September) - Not yet.
*Patchwork upholstery - Nope
*Have serger serviced and change knives -Changed the knives but waiting for a service til I go near them as it's a long way for a special trip 
*Clear out old stock/samples - I relisted on Etsy the stock I have for sale but none seems to be selling. Any ideas why? Do people just not want to actually buy things, they'd rather make for themselves?
*Make a thread catcher - Not yet
*Try to finish all of my WIP's before the end of the year. 


Crafty bits & Business:
*Make a cutting table - Done, this will definitely be shown to you soon!



Food:
*Try one new recipe a month and blog about it - FAIL, Still nothing.
*Eat less chocolate (This is a biggie but if I don't want to end up with diabetes I need to do something drastic soon!) - I gave up chocolate altogether for around 3 weeks and didn't feel any benefit so started eating chocolate again. Once I started eating it again I realised that actually I'd felt much better with no chocolate! I got headaches to begin with so haven't given up again until after my busy period was over. I'm back on the wagon!
*Eat more nuts - No nuts this month yet. 
*Stock the freezer with 'ready meals' ready for when youth group starts up again and we're not eating til 9pm. - I've made a few, still more space for more!

Exercise:
*Ha ha! Yeah, maybe next year..... - Still no exercise done.

NEW CATEGORY
House
*Buy a new bed for our bedroom - Done, I'll show you it one day
*Restain the spare bed
*Recover the blanket box
*Sand and paint the bedside tables for our bedroom
*Make curtains for our bedroom - I bought some, but I don't love them. I'll show you them for your opinion
*Recover armchair
*Recover sofa
*Paint or stain the living room table
* Paint the office floor  - Done. Paisley Stencilled floor
* Living room curtains - Only just bought some, I'm not sure whether I'll like them or not, have to wait for them to arrive
* Living room rug - Apparently I'm too cheap to buy a rug that goes, so at the moment we're using one from our old house that clashes. 
*Finish painting the basement - Yes, but I haven't shown you because I'm pondering swapping the dining room and the sitting room. Because I'm indecisive and my sister in law told me to. 
*Make a sewing counter for my sewing machine & Serger to sit on


Edited to add
*Matching lampshades for spare room


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. You forgot something. What about the miss matching lampshades in the bedroom. LOLLL

    ReplyDelete
  2. "*Try to finish all of my WIP's before the end of the year."

    I started laughing as soon as I saw this one! That is something that will never ever ever happen in my lifetime! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been soooo busy; so much achieved and even blogged. It highlights how terribly slack I have been in getting the few things I have actually done blogged. At least you have inspired me; time to get busy and quit wasting time playing Candy crush ('cause I'm too tired to do anything real).

    ReplyDelete

Love our posts? Sign up to our newsletter!

* indicates required

Instagram

Fabulous Followers